We've all done it before but a few steps to prepare your move can make it go much faster!
Prior to your moving day:
- Make it clear which items are going to be moved so there is no confusion. Putting a post it note on items that are going to be moved is a quick and easy method.
- Get rid of the JUNK! - Over the years, you're certain to accumulate some items that you no longer want. Take this opportunity to clear out the garage, attic, shed, etc. Get rid of the items prior to your moving day so they are not in the way.
If you need help getting rid of your junk, call 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, the leading Kansas City Junk Removal company.
- Make room for the truck – Make sure the driveway is clear if it's a house. If it's an apartment, make sure to reserve a parking space and possibly the elevator.
- Pack heavier items like books and dishware in smaller boxes. Lighter items like sheets, blankets, towels, etc in larger boxes.
- If you are packing the items yourself, make sure all items are packed and ready to go at least a day BEFORE the movers arrive. This will save you time and money the day of the move.
- In addition to boxes, you will need tape, markers, bundles of packing paper, bubble wrap, scissors and labels.
- Make sure you get different sized boxes. In addition to various sized square/rectangle boxes, also get several wardrobe boxes (for hanging cloths) and mirror cartons for mirrors, pictures, or glass.